Sunday, August 21, 2005

Problems with online concert information

In a previous post I wrote about a way to create better concert information by using up-to-date information from concert websites. Today I write about the problems.

The biggest problem is that it may be a long time before the system will be used by websites. There are some costs involved to set it up. The websites have to create a to generate the files, and the best way to do this is to use an automatic system.

The other way around, other websites may create other equivalent system that are just a little bit different. This way there will be multiple systems for specifying this information, and probably the only way to solve it, is support all different ways, as feed based systems, like FeedBurner do today.

Another problem that can comes is probably the content of the file. Questions like, what can be in there? and which url shall I use to identify the artist? A good way to solve this is to create good documentation, and good software to support this system.

I don't think that I've exposed all problems here, but it's a start and it will be a little bit easier for me to start the creation of the format. On of the things that I will have to do before I start with it is to search for equivalent systems, so I won't have to create it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home